Saturday, March 6, 2010

A brief interlude with my friends.

Last night I came insanely close to punching myself in the head.
I had just about had a gut full of the constant chatter in my brain. Never in my life had I experienced this form of torture.
It went a little something like this:

EAGER BRAIN CELL: Right, I know, I'm going to retrain in something totally different-something I totally love and feel passionate about.

NEGATIVE BRAIN CELL: Yeah right, like to see that,as if you have the patience, time or the money for that! Oh, and by the way, what is it you feel passionately about again?

REALISTIC BRAIN CELL: Well, that's a bit harsh, and not entirely true. All those things could fall easily in to place but NEG is right, isn't it more important to really investigate things what you love?

NEGATIVE BRAIN CELL: Don't even bother, will take years, you are never gonna find it. If you decide to study, you'll just give up half way anyway, if you hadn't already at the first hurdle; picking out the right design of matching pencil and notebook set.

I angrily huff and puff and roll over.
Clock says 12am
Chatter chatter. .
I want to commit just a little bit of mass murder.
I wish I could just bang on the door of my brain and say to my little crack taking buddies: "Hey, we had ALL day to think about these things. Why now? Come on guys, give me 5 seconds of peace!"
Then I would've simply put them in the naughty corner and rolled into La La land.
But this wasn't to be, time outs wouldn't have worked for these suckers. They were here to stay. And stay, and chatter they did....

2 comments:

  1. We don't need to know everything before we start.

    How often do you put off an idea because you're "not ready"?

    How often do you say "Oh no, I can't do that, I don't know how?"

    Your negative brain cell, the bit that's keeping you from taking the chance you need to, wants a map.

    Your realistic brain cell, the bit that says "We can do it, but we don't know how", wants a map.

    Your eager brain cell, the bit that is encouraging you to follow your passion, is telling you to *make* the map.

    Making the map is what it's all about.

    Who knows where you'll end up - but the ultimate question is whether or not you'll be happy doing it.

    To go back to Gapingvoid:
    http://gapingvoid.com/2009/12/30/dont-worry-if-you-dont-know-absolutely-everything-before-starting-out/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for your comments Adam. They make total, rational sense and give me good thinking material. I really appreciate your interest.

    ReplyDelete